Wednesday, October 20, 2010

FRIENDSHIP

          In every healthy relationship/friendship i notice one thing that they all have in common, unselfish love. When i mean by unselfish love is the general care and concern for the other person(s) in that relationship. In a healthy relationship friends hold each other accountable for actions, priories, and countless other measurements of moral and ethics. In the past few years I have REALIZED that friends are very hard to come by. In a lifetime of betrayal, let downs, and deception, a person is lucky to have experienced first hand the fruits of a real friendship. As I look back over the past several years of my life i have notice that i have had my share of great friends. Julio, Mr. Smith, Julius, Jason, Coop, Jon, Fred, My Lb's and the one we call Ducky, have been there to share the burdening blessings of life. At the drop of the dime i believe that any of these people will be there for me in the time of need. All of these persons at one time in our friendship have bumped for me during life's attempt to HAZE me; standing in the trenches fighting along side me. Most people in this list have rebuked me and corrected out of love, in an effort to keep me spiritually or morally in line. Three people of this group share my closest secrets, i have full faith that they will keep them dear to  their hearts.  Every last one of the people in this group i will lay down my life for. There is a special place in my heart (NO HOMO) for each person. No matter how long time goes by, no matter how long it takes us to talk, no matter how mad we get at each other, the love that i have for them will never die. 
The epitome of friendship is Christ. Christ walks with us daily, he talks with us secretly, he shares in our passions as well as pains. Christ accepts us at our lowest, and rejoices at our peaks. Christ rebukes us when we are wrong, and he forgives us when we offend him. Christ is has always been there and he always will.


Psa 133:1 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! 
Psa 133:2  It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; 
Psa 133:3  As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment