Friday, October 5, 2012

Am I Dreaming

     For years now I have aspired to be a Law Enforcement Officer (L.E.O's.)For me, being a cop is the very essence of community service; something we all should be taking part of on a regular basis. Cops offer their time, bodies, and safety to help make this world a more secure place. Although most people of my demographic makeup loathe the police, I personally admire them.
     A few years ago I felt that my life was stagnant. Rather than enjoying my journey through life, I was simply going through the motions in hope that a miracle would happen and I would somehow be blessed with the opportunity to be a cop. When I finally came to my senses, I realized I was treading down a path that would ultimately lead me to beIng old and fat with a bad case of the woulda-shoulda-couldas. I sat down and prayed to God and then wrote out a 5 year plan..."finish my undergrad, be a cop, pay off loans, start Grad school".  The next week I set out to accomplish those goals. Despite the obstacles I have faced, I have accomplished the first goal, and will now embark on the second.

I will be attending the 189th basic police academy starting Oct 22nd. And although I feel that I could be better prepared physically, I think that my will to compete and my fear of failure will propell me through the academy and ultimately to graduation day.
Stand By...

No comments:

Post a Comment